This course teaches you the securities market, the various types of investment securities (stocks, bond, options, futures, tax-advantaged investments, mutual funds, etc.), and the risk-return characteristics of each. It focuses on the principles and tools of investment analysis, asset allocation, portfolio selection and management. The course tells you what are available to invest in, the features of each type of investment, the advantages and disadvantages of each investment category, including global investing, and when a particular investment type might be suitable for you.
Course Publication Date: October 02, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active self study membership
or can be purchased for $130.00
|Delivery Method:||Self Study
|Level of Knowledge:||Basic
|Recommended Field of Study:||Finance
- Differentiate between the different types of investments, including fixed versus variable-income, financial versus real assets, direct versus indirect, and long-term versus short-term.
- Identify the features of stocks and bonds, and the drawbacks and benefits of each.
- Recognize key attributes of common stocks and mutual funds.
- Recognize various types of securities transactions and what is involved in each type.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of buying stock on margin and selling stock short.
- Recognize the income and return on investments and how it is measured.
- Identify different investment risk factors and how they affect investment return.
- Identify the benefits and objectives of fundamental analysis of investments.
- Recognize key financial ratios and how they are applied to financial statements.
- Recognize the tools of technical analysis.
- Identify the key indicators of market and stock performance and how they are used.
- Identify various investment instruments that fall under the range of securities.
- Recognize the characteristics of common stock compared to preferred stock.
- Recognize the fundamental valuations of common stock.
- Differentiate price.
- Identify the predominant factor which influences prices in the bond market.
- Understand the advantages that certain bonds present to both the investor and issuer.
- Recognize the characteristics of the different types of bonds including agencies, types, bond yields, interest rates, prices and risk.
- Identify various Call and Put Investment Strategies and identify factors affecting the market price of a Call and Put.
- Recognize the key terms and attributes for investing in options.
- Recognize key attributes of futures contracts and how they relate to investment decisions.
- Identify the uses of and differences between various types of financial futures.
- Recognize the advantages and risks of global investing.
- Identify the methods of investing in international money markets.
- Recognize the following: limited partnerships, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and real estate operating company (REOC).
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of pension funds.
- Recognize the attributes of mutual funds and the common services offered by mutual funds.
- Recognize the types of mutual funds, advantages of different mutual funds, and ways to invest in mutual funds.
- Identify how to reduce risk and allocate assets with mutual funds.
- Recognize the use of beta coefficients to adjust asset allocation.
- Recognize different investment strategies for different stages and different goals in life.